This recipe was lost to me for a while. It used to come on top of google for lemon curd, but now it has been replaced by less pure recipes. Bastards! I tasted this for the first time from Simon Johnson’s in Pyrmont, from HRH duchy original organic line of excellent stuff! The internet provided an excellent recipe for it…. aghhhh… Lemon Curd. So goooood…
Luckily, though the recipe was lost, I was able to find it again, and here it will stay forever in my blog.
Mrs Munslow’s Lemon curd ©
The Munslow family of Hallow, Worcestershire.
My mum’s lemon curd (makes 1 pound)
- Finely grated rind and juice of 2 large lemons; 2 large eggs; sugar 170 to 200 g(depending on how sweet you like it); butter 120g.
- Beat the eggs thoroughly.
- Place sugar, butter, lemon rind and half of the lemon juice into a bain marie.
- Stir slowly till everything is dissolved.
- Add the beaten eggs and remaining lemon juice.
- Heat gently, stirring frequently until it will coat the back of a spoon (thick cream consistency).
- Pour into heated jars/ use within six weeks. Use like jam (sandwiches or in tarts).