I thought I’d turn your attention to an event coming up this weekend. On Sunday, the (sydney) magazine is organising a dinner with a group of some of the best Middle-Eastern chefs in the world to take place at The Ivy Room. The complete list of chefs is below, and I am so excited to see Joe Barza, Kamal Mouzawak, Greg Malouf and Anissa Helou representing Lebanon. These ten chefs will probably never be cooking together again, so this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to try Middle-Eastern food prepared with the highest level of skill, right here in Sydney. Are you going to meet me there? Hurry and get those tickets and leave a comment to let me know you are coming.
the(sydney)magazine showcase gala dinner
To celebrate the World Chef Showcase’s Middle Eastern theme, the(sydney)magazine presents the Showcase Gala Dinner.
Some of the top names from around the Middle East will cook at The Ivy Room alongside some of our most talented locals.
Ten chefs – including the fabulous Yotam Ottolenghi from London’s Ottolenghi food stores; Musa Dagdeviren, who owns three celebrated restaurants in Istanbul; and Kamal Mouzawak, who founded the first farmers’ market in Beirut – will each create a dish on the night.
Melbourne stars Greg Malouf (MoMo) and Ismail Tosun (Gigi Baba) will also dazzle you with their dishes.
Taste the best of the Middle East, traditional and modern:
1. Joe Barza, The Chase, Beirut
2. Musa Dagdeviren, Ciya, Istanbul
3. Kamal Mouzawak, Tawlet Souk el Tayeb, Beirut
4. Anissa Helou, Middle East food expert and cooking teacher
5. Yotam Ottolenghi, Ottolenghi, London
6. Greg Malouf, MoMo, Melbourne
7. Somer Sivrioglu, Efendy, Balmain
8. Ismail Tosun, GigiBaba, Melbourne
9. Lauren Murdoch, Pastis, Sydney
10. Alfie Spina, Ash St Cellar, Sydney
The cost includes a 10-course banquet, including all wine.
When: October 10, 7pm-11.30pm.
Cost: $175 (see above)
Bookings & Enquiries